See You Saturday! Here are all the details for the day of the Hike…
Below is all the Hike event information and a map to the event location, but first we want to thank you for signing up, fundraising and donating to the 15th Annual Hike for the Homeless presented by Curb Records, First Farmers and Hippie Radio! We look forward to seeing all who plan to attend. Everyone is welcome!
The Hike is SATURDAY, but we are not slowing down in our final push to meet our goal. We still need you! Please consider sending one more email and posting one more time on social media. These efforts make a difference in meeting our $150,000 goal! Even small donations add up to make a big impact!
Feel free to email us with any questions. Everyone who joined a team or made a donation receives this email, so please forward to any Hikers who didn’t join or donate online.
Text the word ‘hike’ to 39331 to receive day of Hike updates.
ALL THE DETAILS:
Prizes and awards! Prizes are awarded to the team raising the most money, the individual raising the most money, the team with the most members donating $25 and a special team spirit award.
- 9:00 a.m. Registration Opens: Check in, get your team photo taken at the photo booth and decorate your team sign.
- 9:45 a.m. Kick Off Program at the Stage: Hike Emcee Vicki Yates (and News Channel 5 Anchor) will announce important Hike details.
- 10:00 a.m. Ribbon cutting at the starting line and hikers hit the trail.
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch, kid fun zone, dog fun zone and live music by Curb Recording Artists.
- 11 & 11:45m. Dog Flyball Demo by Music City Road Dogs
Directions & Parking (MAP BELOW):
- Edwin Warner Park, Picnic Shelters #9 & #11– off of VAUGHN ROAD (not Highway 100)
- Use 86 Vaughn Road, Nashville, TN 37221 in your GPS (then follow the signs).
- Look for signage to guide you to the location. There is designated parking at the event with parking attendants to guide you. Wheel chair accessible parking is available in the small lot close to the registration area.
- TRAFFIC NOTE: There are often other events going on at the park on a Saturday, so please anticipate and plan for traffic upon your arrival Saturday morning. You may also consider entering the event by using Sneed Road to get to Vaughn Road (see map below)
Check-in/Registration on Saturday: Registration opens at 9 a.m. with two sections: “Pre-registered Online” and “Walk-up Registration.”
- If you pre-registered or donated online, go to one of the pre-registered lines. Please turn in any additional money collected, register additional team members and pick up tickets for t-shirts (for qualifying donations).
- Walk-up Registrations are welcome! Click here to download the registration envelope/ hiker waiver. Click here to download a child/minor waiver. Hikers who sign up and/or donate after 5 p.m. on Friday will need to show their donation email at the walk up registration line.
(Note: We will leave our online registration open, so please continue to fundraise and recruit team members online.)
Items to Bring: Any additional donations; water bottle; blanket or camp chairs to sit on for lunch; layered clothes to adjust to weather; comfortable shoes; leash and plastic bags for those with dogs; sunscreen/ bug spray.
End Family Homelessness Shirts: Purchase an End Family Homelessness t-shirt ($20). Vintage Hike t-shirts are also on sale ($5).
Children and Dogs: We love them! Please bring them. This event is family and dog friendly! For the children, we have an inflatable obstacle course, a climbing wall (for adults too), face painting, games and coloring pages. T-Rac will join us in the Kid Fun Zone, along with the Frist Art Museum, Mathnasium Green Hills, and Soulace. For the pups, we will have large water bowls and treats, fly ball demos with the Music City Road Dogs and “pupcakes” from the Cupcake Collection for the first 100 dog hikers. Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Bring bags to clean up after your dog.
T-shirts: If you will be at the Hike and donated $25 or more, you will receive one Hike t-shirt. You can also make a qualifying donation at registration. T-shirt tickets are given out at registration and shirt pick up is at the t-shirt tent. Bringing a dog with you? Be sure to grab a dog bandana from the Dog Tent (while supplies last)!
Team signs: Supplies are provided to make a sign at the Team Sign Tent or make one at home and bring it with you!
Photo Booth: Stop by our photo booth to snap a perfect fall hike picture. Be sure to tag share it on social media and tag Safe Haven Family Shelter on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and use the hashtag #hike4homeless.
Hike Trails: There are 2 paved trails to choose from. One is under 2 miles; the other is about 3.3 miles. If you have small children or dogs not used to long walks, please consider the shorter trail. At the starting line, we will ask those choosing the longer trail to line up first. There will be signs and trail guides along both routes. Click here to download a trail map.
Food at the Hike: We will have a coffee and bottled water tent courtesy of White Bison. There will light breakfast in the morning. For lunch we will offer Chick-fil-A sandwiches, Veggie wraps from Taziki’s, chips and fruit.
Weather: The weather prediction for Saturday includes a crisp sunny day with a high of 60. Dress in layers for the chilly morning. It should be a beautiful fall day at the park!
Map into the Park