Thank you for volunteering at the Hike for the Homeless. It takes about 150 people to make the event a success.
If you are already signed up to volunteer, you should have received a confirmation email from Emily noting your assigned role, time to arrive and other details. Scroll down to view general volunteer details for the Hike.
Dear Hike for the Homeless Volunteer:
Thank you for volunteering at the 15th Annual Hike for the Homeless. Volunteers are integral to the success of our event. We are grateful for your time and support.
We will see you Saturday, November 9 at Edwin Warner Park. We will be at Picnic Shelter #9. Use 86 Vaughn Road in your GPS and then follow the signs to our event area. When you arrive, please park in the grass, away from the event area, then walk to event area and check in at the Volunteer Registration Table. You will be given a volunteer name tag and then sent to your volunteer role/area.
Traffic can be heavy during large events. Please plan ahead and leave enough time for traffic delays so you can still get to your shift at the assigned time. (map at the end of this note)
You should have received an email with your volunteer assignment with your shift time and other details. Towards the bottom of this page, you will find a list of volunteer role descriptions. You can download your assigned role’s descriptions. Please take time to review your assigned role before Saturday.
• Dress for the weather. We will be outside. It looks like we are in for a beautiful fall day. Please dress in layers to stay warm. Don’t forget a hat and gloves!
• Wear comfortable shoes
• Bring a water bottle with you and any other items you may need for comfort.
• Please grab lunch when it is available, just be sure your volunteer area is covered (take turns getting lunch)
• The volunteers at this event are essential to our success. Thank you for committing to volunteer. We are counting on you to be there.
• If you are under 18 or a parent volunteering with a child, you will need to have the child/minor waiver completed and signed. Click here to download the child-minor waiver.
• Click here for more info about the event. It benefits Safe Haven Family Shelter. Click here to find out more about Safe Haven.
• On the day of the event, you can reach Emily at 970.401.1774
We are still trying to reach our Hike for the Homeless fundraising goal of $150,000. If you haven’t already, please consider creating a hike team and/or making a donation.
Thank you again for volunteering. We count on our volunteers for this event. We appreciate your time and support!
P.S. TRAFFIC ALERT- Traffic can be heavy for a large event. Please plan ahead and leave enough time for traffic delays so you can still get to your shift at the assigned time. The entrance to the picnic pavilions at Edwin Warner Park is from VAUGHN Road. We are at picnic pavilion #9 & #11. Enter 86 Vaughn Road in your GPS. This will take you to the turn to the picnic pavilions.
Click the image below to enlarge it.
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTIONS
Food Tent (Food & Hospitality)