Safe Haven Announces Officers and Board Members
Safe Haven Family Shelter is excited to announce our 2020 board of directors and officers.
“We are thrilled to expand our board and welcome members who complement our mission so well,” said Joyce Lavery, Safe Haven Family Shelter executive director. “The new members bring talent, expertise and deep community knowledge, which allow Safe Haven to continue leading our community’s efforts to house, support and advocate for families experiencing homelessness.”
Board officers for 2020 include:
New members for 2020 include Eden Afriat, Heather Coffelt, Aileen Katcher and Sandra Sepulveda.
Afriat is an associate banker in the Nashville office of J.P. Morgan Private Bank. In his role, he is responsible for working with high-net-worth families to understand their goals and spending behaviors in order to provide investment, lending, wealth planning, philanthropy and banking advice.
Coffelt is a senior project manager for Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC and serves as a primary contact throughout the construction of a project. She works with the design team, manages the budget, oversees the project management team, and works with the superintendent to ensure the training and readiness of the field team and the safe execution of the project.
Katcher has more than three decades of marketing and communications experience, focused primarily on health care businesses and planning and implementation of crisis communications. She has also completed a crisis management certification from the Institute for Crisis Management.
Sepulveda works as operations director for the Tennessee Democratic Party and has been a member of FUTURO and TIRCC. In September 2019, Sepulveda was elected to the Nashville Metro Council District 30. As a member of City Council, she is the Rules Committee vice chair and is a member of the Ad Hoc Affordable Housing Committee, Convention Center and Tourism Committee, Census Committee, and the Mayor’s Immigration Task Force.
We also want to welcome two Young Leaders Council interns: Matthew Cooper and Scott Markert.
The 2020 board of directors includes:
- Paula Barnes, Dickinson Wright, PLLC, President
- Ken Williamson, MEDHOST, Vice President
- Edmundo Cepeda, Asurion, Treasurer
- Thomas O’Neal Lasley, SunTrust Investment Services, Inc., Secretary
- John Nefflen, Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, Immediate Past President
- Debbie Flack, Pinnacle Financial Partners, At Large Member
- Slade Sevier, Dickinson Wright PLLC, Legal Counsel
- Eden Afriat, J.P. Morgan
- Kyle Allen, VACO
- Jonathan Barnes, Staffing as a Mission
- Kitty Barrow, Southwestern Consulting
- Stephanie Bonner, Bank of America
- Jeff Bradford, The Bradford Group
- Anita Greenwood Cash
- Heather Coffelt, Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC
- Tarek El Gammal, Jones Lange LaSalle
- Candi Flowers, ServiceSource
- Aileen Katcher, Katcher Strategic Communications
- Sean Kirk, Bone McAllester Norton PLLC
- Christie Laird, Attorney
- Rachel Layton, Taziki’s
- Leigh Lindsey, MP&F Strategic Communications
- Kearstin Patterson, HCA
- Callie Pfeifer, XMI
- Conrad Schneider, Messer Construction
- Sandra Sepulveda, Metro Nashville City Council
- Sharon Shaw-McEwen, Retired Educator
- Shane Tarleton, Warner Music Nashville
- Vicki Yates, NewsChannel 5
- Matthew Cooper, TenantBase, YLC Intern
- Scott Markert, BL Harbert International, YLC Intern
- Kristen O’Connor, Jr. League Representative
Leave a Reply